Monday, August 18, 2008

Bioshock

I've restarted Bioshock on hard with Vita-Chambers turned off so that I can get the last three achievements. The achievement system has definitely affected the way I play games - sometimes I'll stick to something far more stubbornly on the 360 than I would on other systems just because I want those points...but I must admit, not even an hour into my second run-through of Bioshock I remembered exactly how much fun that game is. I'm still gunning for those points, but it's taken a back seat to wanting to play through the entire game again. That's a nice change.

I'm playing Magical Starsign on the handheld front. It's an interesting title mostly because while the character portrait art sucks horribly and the writing is incredibly corny, the game play and general mechanics are highly entertaining. It's a bit on the easy side - I think it's meant to be an RPG for a younger crowd - but that hasn't hurt it much in my opinion. If anything I'm just glad there's another RPG on the DS that uses the stylus exclusively for everything. The remake of Final Fantasy III uses the same concept and it makes both games a joy to play.

No comments: