Monday, August 11, 2008

Tony Hawk, Funky DS games, and Stupid People

Last night I "beat" Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, which is to say I have accomplished the minimum number of goals to reach the final task in the list of events that loosely represents a story. I would love to be able to say that I'm just getting started on knocking more goals out, but I'm really not that sure about that this time. Proving Ground is a lot of fun and follows the perfect control and story scheme laid down by Project 8, but damn it's harder. I'll definitely run through more events in general, but I don't know how much further I'll get overall.

Check this out whether you own a DS or not because it's damn impressive either way. It's an upcoming FPS named "Moon," and the 3D engine is absolutely incredible for a hand-held system with two low-power ARM processors. The DS definitely had a weak launch with a lot of skepticism concerning the touch screen, but now that it has established itself there are some companies constantly pushing the system much further than anyone originally thought possible. I mean, BioWare is bringing Mass-freaking-Effect to the DS. There are no details as to what kind of game it will be or how it will look, but I trust BioWare to do something stupendous. They're thinking of using the DS game to keep interest in the franchise high, and you have to step up to the plate to meet a goal like that. Read the comments at the bottom if you have time - I find it absolutely hysterical that some people actually think BioWare is going to try porting the original game.

No comments: